Labor and Employment
We counsel clients in their role as employers, dealing with all of the regulatory and common law issues that arise in the workplace, including leave policies, progressive discipline policy design and implementation and litigation avoidance. We regularly provide advice regarding bylaws and related corporate documents for healthcare institutions and have drafted medical staff guidelines, rules and regulations, bylaws and similar hospital policies. Our extensive experience in representing hospitals, as well as physicians and allied health professionals, gives us unique experience in terms of institutional issues, including hospital/medical staff relationships, physician group structure, personnel and insurance coverage and risk management issues.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a medical institution in an age, gender and FMLA retaliation case filed in federal court in the Middle District of PA
- Obtained a trial verdict on behalf of a large health care network in a breach of contract claim brought by a physician
- Obtained an injunction on behalf of a large health care organization against a physician per a non-competition agreement
- Advised and negotiated employment agreement and practice support agreement in connection with cross country relocation of a surgeon to an existing private practice
- Obtained favorable trial results on behalf of biotech company in national origin discrimination matter
- Advised and negotiated separation agreement for physician seeking to leave private practice where physician was subject to practice support agreement requiring substantial repayment