Mark Paladino defends large personal injury actions in various areas of tort liability, including motor vehicle liability, premises liability and professional liability. His practice also includes a variety of complex matters, including life, health and disability insurance, coverage claims, bad faith and extracontractual damages claims. He has a background in appellate practice and has extensive experience in briefing many multifaceted and developing legal issues.
Mark believes that proactive and thorough investigation is critical to assess a claim and posture its defense. He is frequently called out to active accident scenes for emergency investigations, during which he regularly interfaces with governmental investigatory agencies and works to identify and preserve crucial evidence. This approach maximizes the ability to analyze risk and chart a course for resolution, whether by mediation, arbitration, or trial. It also allows for early and aggressive pursuit on any viable indemnity or contribution claims, a key component that Mark is experienced in addressing.
Prior to joining White and Williams, Mark served as a judicial intern in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas for the Honorable Matthew D. Carrafiello. In law school, Mark was a Beasley Scholar and recipient of the Jack M. Golden and Frieda Golden Prize for superior legal writing in the area of healthcare and health administration. He was also a member of the Temple Political and Civil Rights Law Review and Secretary of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society.
Recognition and Involvement
Recognition & Involvement
Mark is a member of the firm’s Associate Development Committee and Associate Recruitment Committee. He is an active volunteer for the Philadelphia Homeless Advocacy Project, working to assist those in need of pro bono legal services that can include handling social security disability hearings, obtaining valid identification documents and assisting in securing housing.
Mark has also served as manager of the firm’s softball team and regularly participates in the annual Eagles Autism Challenge along with various other members of the firm.
Since 2015, Mark has been selected in a survey of his peers as a Pennsylvania "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Temple University Beasley School of Law, cum laude, 2009
University of Pennsylvania, cum laude, BA, 2006
News & Insights
- 10.12.23 | Philadelphia, PA
- Consent to General Jurisdiction by Registration Affirmed … But Only In Pennsylvania, and Perhaps Not For Long6.28.23 | Client Alert
- 8.6.21 | Litigation Alert
- 5.18.21 | Product Liability Alert
- 8.19.20 | Litigation Alert
- 7.7.20 | Litigation Alert
- 6.4.20 | Litigation Alert
- 4.2.20 | Litigation Alert
- Responsive Pleadings: Preliminary Objections, Answers and CounterclaimsJanuary 2017, 2018 and 2019 Editions | Pennsylvania Civil Trial Practice, Chapter 4
- Social Media and Litigation in 2018: A Primer for Insurance Companies10.4.18 | 12th Annual Coverage College
- 8.20.18 | Litigation Alert
- Social Media in Litigation: The Increasing Impact and Evolving Standards for Discoverability and Admissibility3.28.18 | Litigation Alert
- 1.9.18 | Litigation Alert
- Secured a dismissal, on appeal, on behalf of Horizon Healthcare Services, Inc. against claims that its Omnia healthcare plan violated the New Jersey state Healthcare Quality Act and that the state’s opioid crises required the court to create a private right of action
- Worked as part of a trial and appellate team in obtaining judgment notwithstanding the verdict for an electric utility in a published opinion by the Superior Court of Pennsylvania that represents the latest binding precedent in the area of Pennsylvania’s independent contractor defense
- Secured a complete indemnity for a utility company from a contractor for a wrongful death claim involving a tree that struck utility lines
- Conducted a critical incident investigation and defended a waste collection company in a wrongful death action involving a pedestrian strike, resulting in a favorable resolution.
- Represented a funeral home in a case alleging severe emotional damages and worked to secure a favorable resolution after the commencement of trial
- Obtained a fully favorable award for a utility company at binding arbitration in a wrongful death case involving a tree fall
- Worked as part of a trial team that brokered settlement of a catastrophic injury action and successfully tried an indemnity action arising from same, resulting in complete recovery of a substantial settlement fund and all attorneys’ fees
- Conducted a critical incident investigation and defended a waste collection company in a wrongful death action involving a bicyclist strike, resulting in a favorable resolution.
- Obtained a voluntary dismissal for a utility company from a catastrophic injury claim involving a capsized bucket truck
- Awarded partial summary judgment in a catastrophic motor vehicle accident case, resulting in a favorable resolution of the sole remaining claim
- Obtained dismissal of a claim by a chriopractice association against Horizon Healthcare Services, Inc. at the trial level by way of a 12(b)(6) Motion, and secured that dismissal on appeal
- Argued and obtained summary judgment in a private disability insurance case involving an insured who contested a finding of a legal disability
- Litigated a unique claim pertaining to declined issuance of a life insurance policy and obtained a favorable resolution
- Defended a civil rights action brought by an individual who was detained by police following a series of events involving a wellness check on an elderly customer of a utility company and obtained dismissal by way of summary judgment
- Secured indemnity for a client in a wrongful death action involving a helicopter crash and defended the case to resolution
- Defended a civil rights action involving the alleged wrongful expulsion of a high school student and reached a favorable resolution
- Secured indemnity for a utility company in an action involving an electrical contact from a downed line and defended the case to resolution