As a trial lawyer, Jim has over fifteen years of experience defending companies in high exposure and excess liability cases. This type of high-stakes experience is invaluable to clients, big or small, no matter the stage of litigation. Whether handling a case from inception or taking over on the eve of trial, Jim has extensive knowledge and experience throughout federal and state courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Jim handles cases on a broad array of subject matters including products liability, healthcare and catastrophic/excess liability litigation. Representative clients include some of the world’s largest product manufacturers and chemical companies, commercial property owners, and regional hospital systems.
Jim also works with product manufacturers and designers to evaluate products and create instructions and warnings. This work includes creating product literature for new and cutting-edge robotics products, as well as review of existing product literature to ensure compliance with the latest standards.
Jim has unique product recall experience that includes developing, implementing and concluding product recalls with appropriate agencies, and he has also litigated numerous cases involving CPSC and NHTSA recalls.
Jim also has experience designing and managing the e-discovery process required by modern litigation. Experience in this specialized area is a unique benefit to clients as complex litigation often involves management and control over significant and proprietary data.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Rutgers University School of Law - Camden, JD, 2007
Providence College, BS, 2001
News & Insights
- Medical Device Update: Third Circuit Certifies Questions Concerning Device Manufacturers’ Liability Under Pennsylvania Law7.16.21 | Litigation Alert
- 6.25.21 | Bloomberg Law
- 6.3.21 | Apex Ridge Reliability
- 5.19.21 | Apex Ridge Reliability
- 5.11.21 | Apex Ridge Reliability
- Volume 4, No. 4 | July – August 2021 | The Journal of Robotics, Artificial Intelligence & Law
- 11.17.20 | Product Liability Alert
- 4.14.20 | Litigation Alert
- 3.26.20 | General Litigation Alert
- 3.26.20 | Litigation Alert
New Jersey Bar Association
Philadelphia Bar Association
Won summary judgment for product manufacturer in matter venued in federal court (Eastern District of Pennsylvania)
Successfully mediated case to favorable resolution for product manufacturer in matter venued in federal court of appeals (United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit)
Won summary judgment in excess liability matter after having punitive damage claims dismissed earlier in the litigation (Superior Court of New Jersey, Essex County)
Successfully moved to preclude Plaintiff’s sole liability expert witness in product liability matter venued in federal court (District of New Jersey)
- Successful appellate briefing to affirm trial court verdict in favor of client in shareholder dispute (Superior Court of New Jersey, Cape May County)
- Won verdict of no liability in favor of a national corporation in off-site injury matter at arbitration (Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Philadelphia County)
Successfully represented global corporation at multi-day mediation, resulting in settlement favorable for client (Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Philadelphia County)
- Healthcare Practice Group Wins Issue of First Impression in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division
- White and Williams Products Liability Team Achieves Summary Judgment in Major Amusement Park Accident Case
- White and Williams Catastrophic Loss Team Achieves Summary Judgment for Pet Retailer