Brett Tishler practices exclusively in the field of workers’ compensation subrogation throughout the United States. He represents a variety of major insurance carriers and individual claimants to secure recoveries in cases involving complex product liability, negligence, construction accidents, and premises liability litigation. In addition to recovering past paid liens, Brett often helps to negotiate global settlements to close future workers’ compensation benefits.
Brett is known for approaching cases from all angles to find creative and effective solutions for lien recoveries. While Brett’s primary goal is to resolve cases efficiently and cost-effectively, he is nonetheless always fully prepared to go to trial, if necessary. Brett is committed to achieving the best results for his clients and handles all aspects of litigation, including client counseling, initial case assessment, discovery, motions/oral argument, trial and settlement.
Outside the courtroom, Brett frequently meets with insurance companies and employers to discuss various issues involving workplace accident and injury investigations. These activities include training presentations, identifying workers' compensation subrogation issues and exploring all avenues of recovery. Brett also frequently lectures for the National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP) at their Spring and Annual conferences, as well as webinars.
If you would like to submit a new workers’ compensation subrogation referral assignment, please click here.
Recognition and Involvement
Recognition & Involvement
Brett was selected in a survey of his peers as a Pennsylvania "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers from 2015 – 2021.
Since 2007, Brett has served as an arbitrator for both the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas and Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
Widener University School of Law, JD, 2006
Temple University, BA, 2003
News & Insights
- Leadership Ethics: Confronting Ethical Issue Case Studies Involving the Worker, Employer, and Carrier in Lien Recovery Litigation3.17.22 | National Association of Subrogation Professionals, 2022 Spring Hybrid Conference
- 10.1.21 | The Subrogation Strategist
- Zoom® Your Way to Lien Recoveries! How Technology Can Efficiently and Cost Effectively Generate Successful Results3.25.21 | 2021 National Association of Subrogation Professionals Spring Conference
- 11.17.20 | National Association of Subrogation Professionals Annual Conference
- Don’t Lose Your Head! Or Arm, Leg, or Other Body Parts: How Workers’ Compensation Subrogation Professionals Can Still Obtain Lien Recoveries Despite Worker Error (Part 2)4.24.20 | 2020 National Association of Subrogation Professionals Spring Conference Webinar
- Don’t Lose Your Head! Or Arm, Leg, or Other Body Parts: How Workers’ Compensation Subrogation Professionals Can Still Obtain Lien Recoveries Despite Worker Error (Part 1)4.24.20 | 2020 National Association of Subrogation Professionals Spring Conference Webinar
- 10.28.19 | National Association of Subrogation Professionals, Annual Conference (Washington, DC)
- 1.25.19 | The Subrogation Strategist
- Necessary Evil or Blessing in Disguise? How Working With Claimant’s Counsel Can Avoid Potential Reimbursement Hazards and Maximize Your Lien Recovery11.12.18 | NASP Annual Conference, Orlando, FL
- Trucking accident resulting in death and traumatic brain injury to multiple workers. Litigated four-week trial in North Carolina. Helped secure a favorable verdict resulting in a 100% recovery of the subrogating insurer’s $630,000 worker’s compensation lien.
- Negotiated settlement in excess of $1 million in a complex products liability case filed in Pennsylvania Federal Court against an agricultural manufacturer for injuries involving an arm amputation while operating 40-year old farm equipment.
- Motor vehicle accident resulting in paraplegia to worker. Resulted in significant settlement, including 100% lien reimbursement.
- Industrial baking equipment design defect and warnings case, with burn and amputation injuries against foreign manufacturer. Obtained seven figure recovery and 100% lien reimbursement.
- Commercial riding lawnmower rollover design defect and warnings case resulting in a worker fatality. Obtained substantial confidential settlement and 100% lien reimbursement.
- Crane collapse negligence case resulting in catastrophic personal injuries. Obtained significant personal injury recovery and lien reimbursement in 1% strict contributory jurisdiction.