Workers' Compensation Subrogation - New Assignment Form
Our workers’ compensation subrogation lawyers focus exclusively on obtaining workers’ compensation lien recoveries for insurance companies and large self-insured companies in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and abroad. White and Williams employs the largest department of full-time lawyers exclusively practicing in this discrete area of the law on a national basis. Our lawyers are skilled at handling the nuances of the various state statutes and laws governing workers’ compensation subrogation. We practice a proactive approach to obtaining lien recoveries and are not satisfied waiting for a random third-party attorney to “protect” our clients’ liens. Our proactive approach includes immediate and thorough investigation of each referred loss, retention of appropriate and cost-effective experts and development of all potential theories of liability to pursue the best possible lien recovery results.
Our lawyers have litigated cases, successfully obtaining verdicts, settlements and recoveries in complex and catastrophic workplace accident cases, including products liability, construction site accident, manufacturing facility loss, maritime accident, aviation accident and trucking accident cases to name a few. Our experience with products liability cases includes, among other things, cases involving injuries caused by design and manufacturing defects in a number of industries, including farming, food processing, industrial machinery and others.
Our workers’ compensation subrogation lawyers are recognized leaders in the industry and are frequent lecturers at national and regional subrogation conferences, National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP) seminars and webinars.
- Paper manufacturing facility involving chemical contamination and arc welding burn fatality case. Obtained substantial confidential personal injury settlement, resulting in largest lien reimbursement ($19 Million Dollars) in jurisdiction’s history.
- Trucking accident resulting in death and traumatic brain injury to multiple workers. Resulted in 8-figure jury verdict and 100% lien reimbursement in 1% strict contributory jurisdiction.
- Motor vehicle accident resulting in paraplegia to worker. Resulted in significant settlement, including 100% lien reimbursement.
- Industrial baking equipment design defect and warnings case, with burn and amputation injuries against foreign manufacturer. Obtained seven figure recovery and 100% lien reimbursement.
- Commercial riding lawnmower rollover design defect and warnings case resulting in a worker fatality. Obtained substantial confidential settlement and 100% lien reimbursement.
- Industrial cooling fan design, guarding and warning defect case resulting in amputation. Obtained substantial judgment and 100% lien reimbursement.
- Industrial wood chipper winch design defect case resulting in multiple amputation and head injury. Obtained seven figure recovery and substantial lien reimbursement in 1% contributory negligence jurisdiction.
- Agricultural grain bin sump design defect, warnings and negligence case resulting in leg amputation. Obtained seven figure recovery and 100% lien reimbursement.
- Crane collapse negligence case resulting in catastrophic personal injuries. Obtained significant personal injury recovery and lien reimbursement in 1% strict contributory jurisdiction.
- Slip and fall on ice resulting in fracture. Obtained personal injury recovery and full lien reimbursement.
CASES & DEALS
BLOGS & PODCASTS
- Help Me Help You - How Working With Claimant’s Counsel Can Maximize Your Lien Recovery- "Part 2: The Investigation''3.21.23
This is the second part of the three-part series entitled “Help Me Help You - How Working With Claimant’s Counsel Can Maximize Your Lien Recovery.”
In “Part 2: The Investigation,” Partner Brett Tishler and Associate Michael Abed take a deeper dive into the crucial steps that subrogation professionals execute immediately after a workers’ compensation third party claim is filed. Some of the topics covered in this episode include, gathering facts from the insured/employer, talking to witnesses, gaining access to the premises and gathering information about the machine that caused the injury to boost lien recovery.
Mark your calendar to listen to Brett and Michael for “Part 3 - The War Story: Successes and Failures” on Tuesday, April 18th!