White and Williams Subro Sessions provides insights into the world of subrogation. You’ll hear from various lawyers in our subrogation department discussing the latest legal updates, news and trends as well as strategies for litigation, mediation and recovery. This podcast should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on any specific facts or circumstances. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. The contents are intended for general informational purposes only, and you are urged to consult a lawyer concerning your own situation with any specific legal question you may have.
- Part 1: Subrogor Problems - Handling Claims Involving an Uncooperative or Difficult Insured5.16.23 | Hosted by Matthew I. Ferrie, Gus Sara, Lian Skaf
Listen to the newest episode of the Subro Sessions #podcast where we launch a new series: “Subro Trauma Center - Discussions on Common Issues that Arise in Subrogation Claims and How to Address Them,” hosted by Gus Sara, Lian Skaf and Matthew I. Ferrie. The series analyzes common symptoms of subrogation claims, diagnoses potential problems and discusses how to treat the symptoms or problems to secure a recovery.
- Help Me Help You – How Working With Claimant’s Counsel Can Maximize Your Lien Recovery - Part 3: The War Story: Successes and Failures4.18.23
Join Brett Tishler and N. Michael Abed for the third installment of their three-part series, “Help Me Help You – How Working With Claimant’s Counsel Can Maximize Your Lien Recovery.” In Part 3, Brett and Mike discuss some war stories to help show how working with claimant’s counsel can maximize an insurer’s lien recovery.
- Help Me Help You - How Working With Claimant’s Counsel Can Maximize Your Lien Recovery- "Part 2: The Investigation''3.21.23 | Hosted by N. Michael Abed, Brett N. Tishler
This is the second part of the three-part series entitled “Help Me Help You - How Working With Claimant’s Counsel Can Maximize Your Lien Recovery.”
In “Part 2: The Investigation,” Partner Brett Tishler and Associate Michael Abed take a deeper dive into the crucial steps that subrogation professionals execute immediately after a workers’ compensation third party claim is filed. Some of the topics covered in this episode include, gathering facts from the insured/employer, talking to witnesses, gaining access to the premises and gathering information about the machine that caused the injury to boost lien recovery.
Mark your calendar to listen to Brett and Michael for “Part 3 - The War Story: Successes and Failures” on Tuesday, April 18th!
- Help Me Help You - How Working With Claimant’s Counsel Can Maximize Your Lien Recovery; "Part One: We Are the Necessary Evil"2.21.23 | Hosted by N. Michael Abed, Brett N. Tishler
In the most recent episode of the Subro Sessions Podcast, Brett Tishler and Michael Abed of the Subrogation Department discuss workers’ compensation subrogation, what it is and why helping the injured worker's counsel pursue a third party claim can maximize your lien recovery.
This episode is the first of a three-part series and is entitled: “Part One: We Are the Necessary Evil”. Mark your calendar to listen to Brett and Michael for Part 2: “The Investigation” on March 21st!
- In All Fairness: A Discussion of Recent Court Decisions Finding Arbitration Clauses Unenforceable1.17.23 | Hosted by Gus Sara
Listen to Partner Gus Sara as he discusses two recent court decisions which held that the arbitration provisions in two different residential construction contracts were unenforceable.
- Failing Safely Discussion on Product Design Defect Cases Related to Failsafe Components11.17.22 | Hosted by N. Michael Abed, Gus Sara
Gus Sara, Partner, and Mike Abed, Associate, focus on their experience with proving a product design defect case under Pennsylvania-state tort law and sharing their experiences related to failsafe product components.
- Who's on First: How First Party Claims Adjusters Add Value to Subrogation Recovery Efforts, Part 28.18.22 | Hosted by Matthew I. Ferrie, Gus Sara, Lian Skaf
Matt Ferrie, Gus Sara and Lian Skaf of the Subrogation Department are joined by Ihor Redkva, Field Property Claims Leader at Allstate, in part two of a discussion about the value first-party claims adjusters bring to subrogation efforts.
- Subrogation Lawyers Reflect on Real Life Fire Training6.6.22 | Hosted by Ryan A. Bennett, Matthew I. Ferrie, Melissa Kenney, Gus Sara, Lian Skaf
Partners Matt Ferrie, Gus Sara and Lian Skaf are joined by fellow Subrogation attorneys Ryan Bennett, Melissa Kenney, Jonathan Millis to recount their hands-on training experience at the Bergenfield Fire Training Academy.