Ryan Bennett focuses his practice on large property subrogation and representation of personal injury victims. He litigates matters involving fire and water damage, structural collapses and explosions among other losses. Ryan’s intensive investigation process and attention to detail in litigation have led to millions of dollars in recoveries for clients.
Prior to joining White and Williams, Ryan gained significant experience both defending insurance carriers and representing catastrophically injured individuals. In a personal injury action, Ryan obtained a settlement of over half a million dollars for his clients from two of the country’s largest rail carriers. While representing an investment partnership, Ryan’s aggressive litigation strategy yielded an early six-figure recovery against a recalcitrant borrower. As a defense attorney, Ryan has had clients dismissed at the pleadings and summary judgment stages through motion practice and oral argument.
Ryan’s experience also extends into complex litigation. He has assisted in litigating misclassified worker class actions, Medicare and Medicaid secondary payer violation cases, and whistleblower claims.
Recognition and Involvement
Recognition & Involvement
Ryan developed his work ethic as a collegiate athlete. He was a member of the Villanova University football team which won the 2009 Division I FCS Championship. Today, Ryan volunteers as a football coach with a local youth organization, the Philadelphia Little Quakers.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Widener University, Delaware Law School, JD, 2016
Villanova University, BA, 2011
News & Insights
- 6.26.23 | The Subrogation Strategist
- 12.16.22 | The Subrogation Strategist
- Public Policy Prevails: Homebuilders and Homebuyers Cannot Agree to Disclaim Implied Warranty of Habitability in Arizona10.26.22 | The Subrogation Strategist
- 4.28.22 | The Subrogation Strategist
- Kaboom! Illinois Applies the Anti-Subrogation Rule to Require a Landlord’s Subrogating Property Insurer to Defend a Third-Party Complaint Against Tenants11.15.21 | The Subrogation Strategist
BLOGS & PODCASTS
- Subrogation Lawyers Reflect on Real Life Fire Training6.6.22
Partners Matt Ferrie, Gus Sara and Lian Skaf are joined by fellow Subrogation attorneys Ryan Bennett, Melissa Kenney, Jonathan Millis to recount their hands-on training experience at the Bergenfield Fire Training Academy.