Melissa Kenney is an associate in the Subrogation Department, focusing on a variety of residential and commercial property losses resulting from fire, water damage, structural collapses and explosions. She advises employers, businesses, and insurers in a wide range of subrogation matters involving explosions, structural damage, construction defects, products liability and other catastrophic failures.
During law school, Melissa worked as a full-time law clerk in the Subrogation Department at White and Williams. Prior to joining White and Williams, Melissa worked as a full-time paralegal at a firm representing mortgage lenders and financial institutions where she assisted attorneys with the handling of contested foreclosures and complex title issues.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Widener University School of Law, JD
Temple University, BA, Political Science
News & Insights
- 12.14.22 | The Subrogation Strategist
- Tenants Underwater: Indiana Court of Appeals Upholds Privity Requirement for Property Damage Claims Against Contractors4.21.22 | The Subrogation Strategist
- 11.22.21 | Subro Sessions
- Jurisdiction by Consent: Georgia Holds that Corporations Registered to do Business in the State Consent to Being Sued There10.28.21 | The Subrogation Strategist
- 6.25.21 | Subro Sessions
- 2.23.21 | The Subrogation Strategist
National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Obtained $206,000 recovery for contactor and fire claim involving use of reciprocating saw on metal fire escape in Massachusetts.
- Obtained favorable arbitration award on behalf of insurance carrier.
- Mediated $300,000 settlement from tenant in fire damage claim in Connecticut.
BLOGS & PODCASTS
- Subrogation Lawyers Reflect on Real Life Fire Training6.6.22
Partners Matt Ferrie, Gus Sara and Lian Skaf are joined by fellow Subrogation attorneys Ryan Bennett, Melissa Kenney, Jonathan Millis to recount their hands-on training experience at the Bergenfield Fire Training Academy.