James D. Burger Associate
vCardPrint to PDF
James Burger focuses his practice on representing clients in all stages of litigation and alternative dispute resolution. He has extensive experience in matters involving catastrophic loss, labor and employment law, product liability and commercial litigation. His practice frequently involves representation of insured and self-insured local and national businesses facing potential exposure in the millions of dollars.
During law school, James was elected Business and Marketing editor of the Rutgers Journal of Law & Religion. Upon graduation, he served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Marc M. Baldwin, J.S.C. in the Superior Court of New Jersey Civil Division.
Prior to his legal career, James worked as an analyst and group manager at one of the world’s largest financial services providers in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Represented professional corporation in disability discrimination case; successfully argued for summary judgment (Superior Court of New Jersey, Passaic County)
- Represented national corporation in off-site injury matter; awarded verdict of no liability in favor of client at arbitration (Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Philadelphia County)
- Represented professional corporation in sexual discrimination and harassment case; favorable settlement for client following mediation (Superior Court of New Jersey, Cumberland County)
- Represented commercial landlord in complex premises liability matter involving public and private entities; successfully argued for summary judgment (Superior Court of New Jersey, Monmouth County)
- Represented corporation in multi-million dollar construction defect case; mediated case to favorable settlement (Superior Court of New Jersey, Hudson County)
- Represented commercial landlord in contract dispute; matter settled with favorable terms for client on the eve of trial (Superior Court of New Jersey, Ocean County)
Represented contractor in worksite injury matter, awarded verdict of no liability in favor of client at arbitration (Superior Court of New Jersey, Monmouth County)
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Rutgers University School of Law-Camden, JD, 2007
Providence College, BS, 2001
New Jersey Bar Association
Philadelphia Bar Association