Is Your Insured in a Financial Crisis? Not Sure What to Do Next?
The Insurance Industry Team invites you to join members of our Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith and Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy Practice Groups as we discuss what an insurer should do when faced with an insured in financial crisis. Our team will provide you with tips for dealing with insureds that may be on the verge of filing a Chapter 11 bankruptcy, forced into receivership or simply defunct.
This webinar series will be broken down into three short sessions on November 30, December 7 and December 14, and provide insurers with sage advice from seasoned bankruptcy attorneys when tackling these complex and difficult issues.
In our first session on November 30 we will tackle filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Participants can expect to learn:
- What are red flags indicating a policyholder may be heading toward bankruptcy?
- What to do when the insured seeks to assign the policies to a trust.
- Does the trust have the right to sue insurers?
- How can insurers protect the right to defend claims and contest coverage?
- When can insurers benefit from a channeling injunction?
- What if the policy has a deductible or self-insured retention?
To register, click here.
A recording of these sessions will be made available.