Frank Perch has a wide range of experience as a business litigator and legal advisor to insurers, commercial landlords, and lenders. He is skilled in insightfully analyzing complex coverage issues and counseling insurer clients on effectively handling challenging claims both in and out of litigation. Whether the claim is a moderately sized first-party claim or a mass tort or environmental claim of national scope, Frank provides practical advice on all aspects of coverage disputes, including evaluating coverage positions, negotiating pre-litigation settlements, prosecution, defense and mediation of declaratory judgment actions, and defense of bad faith claims.
As a result of his experience in both insurance coverage and bankruptcy, Frank is able to address the unique problems that exist when coverage issues arise in the context of bankruptcy. He has represented insurers in asbestos bankruptcies and has served as an expert for an insurer on mass tort bankruptcy issues.
Frank is also experienced in representing financial institutions, investors, asset purchasers, landlords, vendors, and creditors' committees in bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court restructurings. Frank counsels clients on preserving rights and maximizing outcomes in bankruptcies. He has represented Chapter 11 debtors and confirmed Plans of Reorganization, and he has both prosecuted and defended preference and fraudulent transfer litigation. He has spoken on bankruptcy issues at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the National Bankruptcy Training Institute of the U.S. Department of Justice, the Practising Law Institute, the Coastal Bankruptcy Law Institute of Savannah, Georgia, and the Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal Symposium.
Recognition and Involvement
Recognition & Involvement
Frank served as an Assistant United States Trustee, District of Delaware from 2003 to 2005. He also served as an Investment Volunteer (grant application review) and member of Vision Council, United Way of the Coastal Empire (Savannah, GA) from 2009 to 2013. Since 2009, Frank has served as a member of the Finance Committee and Executive Committee of the Friends General Conference.
Frank has been AV® rated by the Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating system.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
University of Pennsylvania Law School, JD cum laude, 1983
Haverford College, BA, 1980
News & Insights
- Third Circuit Dismisses Chapter 11 Filing by Johnson & Johnson Subsidiary Formed to Segregate Talc Liabilities1.30.23
- Delaware District Court Holds D&O Policy Does Not Cover Acts Prior to Insured’s Formation, and Rejects Attempt To Obtain Coverage for Post-Policy Claim by Linking It to a Non-Covered Claim5.25.22 | Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Alert
- New York Appellate Court Restores Insurer’s Right to Seek Pro Rata Allocation of Settlements Between Insured and Uninsured Periods3.23.22 | Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith and Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy Alert
- 11.30.21 | Webinar
- 11.12.21 | Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith and Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy Alert
- NJ Court Reaffirms Rule Against Coverage for Faulty Workmanship Claims and Finds Fraud Claims Inherently Intentional8.11.21 | Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Alert
- 4.22.21 | Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Alert
- Noticing Error Derails Efforts to Open Two-Year Window Reviving Time-Barred Sexual Abuse Claims in Pennsylvania2.2.21 | Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Alert
- 8.11.20 | Webinar
- Reefer Coverage Madness: The Straight Dope10.8.15 | White and Williams Coverage College
American Bankruptcy Institute
- Represented insurer in complex allocation dispute involving asbestos claims spanning over 30 years
- Represented insurers in settlement of coverage issues arising out of the Love Canal disaster
- Negotiated settlement for insurer in non-dischargeability case against insured arising from fraudulent business loss claim
- Represented commercial landlords in numerous Chapter 11 cases including Goody’s, Bruno’s Supermarkets, Radio Shack and Sports Authority
- Represented Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Chapter 11 case of consumer finance business, obtaining 100 percent payout on all claims with interest
- Represented lender specializing in lending to nondenominational churches and other religious organizations, obtaining favorable outcomes in loan workouts, foreclosures and bankruptcy representation
- Successfully prosecuted involuntary bankruptcy petition, obtained appointment of Chapter 11 Trustee and obtained recovery for unsecured creditors of business being looted by owners accused of perpetrating a penny stock fraud
- Successfully defended real estate investor against $1.8 million fraudulent transfer suit by trustee of bankrupt seller