Human Resource Law From Start to Finish
As employment-related litigation rates continue to rise, employers must look for ways to proactively protect themselves in a legal manner. Human resource compliance can be one of the most costly and time-consuming aspects for a business; can you streamline the process and prevent unnecessary risk? This program will get you up to speed so you can return to work confident in your abilities.
- Get the latest employment law updates you can't afford to miss.
- Understand the importance of thorough and accurate paperwork when hiring new employees.
- Know what a handbook should and should not contain by exploring the advantages and pitfalls of various policies.
- Appropriately apply wage and hour exemption requirements in gray areas such as outside salespeople and highly-paid computer professionals.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state WARN Act requirements when performing layoffs.
- Understand unemployment compensation guidelines and how to manage costs.
- Remain up to date on the latest developments regarding employee behavior and controversial social media policies.
- Learn the key steps to investigating employee misconduct thoroughly and legally.
- Identify techniques for controlling back pay during a National Labor Relations Board investigation.
Labor and Employment Counsel John Baker will present "The National Labor Relations Board - Obligations and Compliance" from 3:55 pm - 4:30 pm. CLE and SHRM credits will given.
For more information about the seminar and to register, please visit the NBI website.