Beat the Breach: Cyber and Data Protection and Regulatory Compliance
On March 1, 2017 regulation NYCRR 500, a tough new cyber breach regulation from the New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS), went into effect for firms doing business in the state. Other states are following, adopting similar regs and placing responsibility for compliance directly in the C-suite.
Don't wait for an announcement from your state - learn what these regs mean for your organization and how to get on the path to compliance. Plus, understand the ethical obligations of attorneys when it comes to protecting client data and information.
Representatives from White and Williams and Kroll will discuss:
- How the new NYDFS Cyber Regs may impact business across the U.S., including the adoption of similar compliance regulations by other states
- Best practices and lessons learned in other industries and by entities not directly covered or impacted by the NYDFS Cyber Regs
- Preparing for and responding to data breaches in an ever-changing threat environment
- Emerging trends – which industries and businesses are at risk
- Insurance coverage issues related to data breach incidents, including reporting and notification obligations, investigation and mitigation of the breach and restoration of network systems
- What the May 2017 ABA Formal Ethics Opinion on a lawyer’s duty of competence and confidentially means in terms of daily management of electronically stored client information
- Responsibilities of attorneys when they suffer a data breach
- Rick Borden | Partner and Chief Privacy Officer, White and Williams LLP
- Kenya Mann Faulkner | Managing Director, Investigations and Disputes, North America, Kroll
- Ray Manna | Director, Cyber Security and Investigations, Kroll
- Linda Perkins | Counsel, White and Williams LLP
- Jennifer Rothstein | Senior Director, Cyber Security and Investigations, Kroll
- Jay Shapiro | Partner, White and Williams LLP
Breakfast and networking: 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
Discussion of cyber regs and compliance: 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
Ethical obligations of attorneys*: 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
*Approved for one hour of PA Ethics CLE credit.
White and Williams LLP | One Liberty Place | 1650 Market St, Ste 1800 | Philadelphia, PA 19103
There is no cost to attend. Space is limited. RSVP here.