Wound Documentation: Avoiding the “Pressure” and Litigation “Injuries”
This program is designed to provide attendees with insight into the importance of quality wound documentation not only for clinical reasons, but also in relation to litigation. Using “real life” examples, Debbie Weinrich and Ed Beitz, Partners in the Healthcare Group, will explain how a lawsuit can sometimes be created or avoided based on clinical documentation as well as how it can actually “save the day” when it comes time for a deposition and defending a professional negligence case.
Attendees will receive the following insights:
- Identify at least two reasons why wound documentation is important for clinical purposes.
- Gain a more detailed understanding of how their wound documentation could negatively impact a lawsuit against them and/or their employer.
- Articulate at least two examples of how poor documentation could be used against them in a deposition setting.
- Gain insight into how to create quality wound documentation.
- Inspired to work to improve their own clinical notes.
For more information and to register visit to ECRI.org.