Marcia Richards is an associate in the Subrogation Department and focuses her practice exclusively in the field of insurance subrogation. She has successfully resolved numerous property loss cases involving fires, products liability, water discharges and construction defects through litigation, mediation and arbitration. Marcia strives to resolve each case in the manner most favorable to her clients. Marcia is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, but also practices throughout the United States using the services of local counsel under a special program of the Subrogation Department.
Marcia is an arbitrator for the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas. In addition, she has had notable success presenting cases at arbitration for her clients through Arbitration Forums, Inc.
Marcia serves on the firm’s Diversity, Associate Development and Women's Initiative Committees.
Recognition and Involvement
Recognition & Involvement
While in law school Marcia participated in the Advanced Civil Practice Clinic, Immigration Project and provided tax assistance to elderly and low-income individuals through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program. She was the recipient of the Pro Bono Service Award at graduation and since law school has continued pro bono service.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Rutgers School of Law - Camden, JD
Saint Joseph's University, BS
News & Insights
American Bar Association
- Represented insurer and insureds in negligence and breach of contract action in warehouse fire in New Jersey
- Represented insurer in high-dollar, multi-party condominium fire in Pennsylvania
- Represented insurer in multi-party products liability action in New Jersey
- Successfully obtained numerous arbitration awards
- Negotiated numerous favorable settlements for insurers and insureds