For more than 20 years, Justin has been trying cases. Justin has been lead counsel in more than 30 bench and jury trials and has never lost a jury trial where he has been lead counsel. He has a multi-jurisdictional practice that includes representing both plaintiffs and defendants in all aspects of complex commercial litigation, including bet-the-company litigation. His extensive experience includes representing franchisees in claims against franchisors for breach of contract, fraud and violations of State franchise laws as well as defending franchisees against wrongful termination claims. Justin has been lead counsel in at least 10 partnership disputes since 2020. He also has significant experience handling cases involving allegations of product defects, lender liability, patent and trademark infringement, unfair competition, false advertising, mortgage fraud, RICO violations, professional malpractice, securities fraud, defamation, breach of warranty and breach of contract.
Justin handles all of his cases with the same passion and energy. He believes that success in litigation happens before you ever walk into the courtroom. Justin has a proven track record of handling cases successfully having arbitrated and tried hundreds of cases. He prides himself on being accessible to his clients; in giving his clients sound advice; and in working tirelessly to achieve his clients’ objectives. Justin understands that litigation is incredibly stressful for clients. He strives to provide clients with confidence and peace of mind in knowing that he has their best interests in mind at all times and that if their case cannot be resolved amicably; their attorney is a trial attorney.
Recognition and Involvement
Recognition & Involvement
Justin loves all sports but he has a particular passion for basketball. For the past 8 years, he has coached various girls travel basketball teams and provides year-round training. Justin’s teams have competed at regional and national AAU tournaments.
Bar and Court Admissions
Albany Law School, JD, magna cum laude, 1999
Siena College, BA, 1996
News & Insights
- Obtained two, seven-figure arbitration awards totaling over $6.5 million. One case involved a partnership dispute and the other involved claims of fraud and negligence by a national finance company.
- In one four month period, acted as lead counsel in three complex commercial litigation matters which resulted in jury verdicts totaling $4.275 million, two of which included awards of punitive damages
- A Florida jury returned a verdict for the client on claims for fraud and violations of the Florida Deceptive Trade Practices Act in the amount of $430,000, which included punitive damages of $300,000
- A New Jersey jury awarded the client $310,000 in a lease dispute with a commercial landlord involving property taxes and environmental costs
- Successfully tried a case in Rome County, Georgia where the trial court found that the defendants violated the Georgia Deceptive Trade Practices Act. The court awarded client injunctive relief and $50,000 in punitive damages. The case was affirmed on appeal.
- Represented a client who was severely injury by a defective consumer product; the case settled for over $6 million
- Represented a private lender in a professional negligence case in Suffolk County, New York that settled for $1 million
- Represented a food manufacturer in a professional negligence case against a food broker in the Western District of Arkansas that settled for $1 million after getting an adverse summary judgment decision reversed by the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Defended FINRA arbitration where client was accused of failing to repay the terms of a promissory note; counterclaimed against the employer for alleged misrepresentations in connection with her hiring
- Represented a court appointed receiver in an action to recover monies on behalf of investors who were victims of a Ponzi scheme
- Represented three directors who served on the board of an association for allegedly breaching fiduciary duties when the executive director misappropriated over $1 million dollars that was being held in trust for its members
- Represented a home healthcare company against allegations of trademark infringement with the case settling for a walk away after the close of expert discovery
- Obtained complete defense verdict following a six-day jury trial in Pittsburgh on behalf of a major automotive manufacturer in a case involving products allegations
- Represented an electric motor manufacturer in a products liability case where a factory worker allegedly lost two fingers when an injection molding machine allegedly malfunctioned
- Obtained a preliminary injunction in Georgia shutting down a competing business for violating the terms of a non-competition agreement
- Obtained a $2.56 million compensatory and punitive damages award after a two-plus week jury trial on behalf of a Philadelphia-based food manufacturer in a case involving claims for false advertising and unfair competition
- Obtained a $660,000 verdict after a two-week jury trial involving a dispute over the ownership of a brand
- Obtained a $1.06 million verdict after a three-plus week jury trial on behalf on an individual and his businesses that was defamed by a former customer
- Obtained a complete defense verdict in a case involving allegations of breach of contract and fraud against a construction company
- Defeated a motion for a preliminary injunction in federal court which sought to declare that the client was selling an infringing product, finding instead that the product did not infringe the patent in suit and that the Plaintiff failed to prove either a likelihood of success on the merits or irreparable harm
- Obtained $500,000 settlement for a client who received negligent estate planning advice that resulted in exposure to additional estate taxes
- Obtained two multimillion-dollar settlements for banking clients that purchased fraudulent loans
- Obtained substantial settlement on behalf of an individual against a trustee who breached certain fiduciary duties in connection with the administration of an estate