Timothy J. Keough Associate
vCardPrint to PDF
Timothy Keough focuses his practice on complex civil litigation, including product liability, toxic torts and general litigation. In his practice, Tim represents manufacturers, distributors, retailers, premises owners, and insurers of all sizes in the defense of lawsuits brought in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. He is responsible for all aspects of pre-trial development and has effectively and efficiently represented his clients from initiation of lawsuits through dismissal, mediation, or settlement.
While in law school, Tim clerked at a mid-sized New England regional firm and the Rhode Island Superior Court. His work focused on drafting legal memoranda and dispositive and non-dispositive motions in various spaces, including product liability, construction defect, premises liability, securities litigation, environmental and professional malpractice disputes. In addition, Tim served as a member of the Suffolk University Law Review and Suffolk’s National Trademark Moot Court team.
- Represented Fortune 500 manufacturers and smaller distributors of allegedly asbestos-containing products in Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- Represented premises owners in personal injury and wrongful death actions allegedly caused by exposure to toxic substances
- Represented companies in negligence, fraud, conspiracy, and misrepresentation actions
- Assisted in negotiating a dismissal for clients involved in litigation that was linked to a high-profile bankruptcy proceeding.
- Obtained favorable outcome at mediation for premises owner in complex proceeding where liability was likely
- Industry TodayApril 13, 2020
- Commercial Litigation AlertApril 3, 2020
- Product Liability AlertMarch 1, 2019
- You're Asking the Wrong Question-the Effect of A Licensor's Rejection on the Trademark License47 Suffolk U. L. Rev. 1652014
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island
Suffolk University Law School, JD, summa cum laude, 2014
University of Rhode Island, MA, 2007
Clark University, BA, 2002
Rhode Island State Bar Association