Victor Zarrilli has extensive experience litigating commercial litigation and catastrophic loss matters involving economic damages and personal injury damages through multiple state and federal jurisdictions. Victor's complex trial practice includes breach of contract, product liability, construction site liability, workplace safety, commercial premises liability, dram shop liability, design professional liability and commercial contract disputes. His practice frequently involves the defense of insured and self-insured local, national and multi-national companies facing potential exposure in the millions of dollars for injuries ranging from death, traumatic brain injury, permanent physical injuries, loss of business value, property loss and general commercial damages.
Victor has considerable experience litigating all aspects of contractual disputes, including implied covenants, contractual indemnification and additional insured claims. He also has extensive knowledge and experience litigating complex insurance coverage disputes involving general liability, business automobile and professional liability insurance policies in state and federal courts. Victor’s wealth of knowledge and experience in litigation risk-shifting and risk-sharing opportunities is an important tool and of great benefit to his clients.
Victor also has significant experience litigating employment-related disputes involving age, gender, race and disability discrimination, non-compete and restrictive covenants and employment regulatory matters involving state and federal agencies. His employment litigation practice involves the defense of insured and self-insured clients ranging from local business to national corporations, as well as the representation of wrongfully terminated clients.
Victor has developed a particular focus litigating Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) actions in both state and federal court with regard to issues of a disabled individual’s access to places of public accommodation and employment accommodations, such as commercial premises and cyber and web content accessibility.
Upon graduation from law school, Victor served as the judicial law clerk for the Honorable Ronald E. Bookbinder in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division and Probate Part.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Widener University School of Law, JD, cum laude, 2002
St. Joseph’s University, BS, 1999
News & Insights
- 4.22.22 | Healthcare Alert
- 7.20.20 | Litigation Alert
- 6.12.20 | Litigation Alert
- 6.11.20 | New Jersey Law Journal
- 4.3.20 | Litigation Alert
- 3.31.20 | General Litigation Alert
- Maximizing Your Tender: What Insurers and Insureds Should Know About "Hold Harmless," Contractual Indemnity Language and Additional Insured Status10.8.15 | White and Williams Coverage College
- Represented Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Jersey in a multi-year litigation involving various breach of contract and equitable injunctive relief claims brought by several hospitals in Northern New Jersey which sought specific performance from the Court to compel their inclusion in a preferred tier under the Horizon OMNIA health insurance product, as well as multi-million dollars in damages; Obtained a successful result in dismissing all but one of the Plaintiff hospitals’ asserted liability claims through summary judgment which significantly narrowed and limited the issues for trial; Matter settled on the eve of trial. (Superior Court of NJ, Middlesex County)
- Obtained a unanimous defense jury verdict on behalf of a regional material handling service and supply company after a six-week trial involving wrongful death and survival claims; Plaintiff alleged damages arising from negligent maintenance of a pallet truck involved in a warehouse accident; Retained as lead counsel shortly before initial trial date with a demand at $15 million. (Superior Court of NJ, Camden County)
- Represented an international engineering/construction services company in a construction site accident case where an ironworker alleged a traumatic brain injury after being struck by a knuckle boom crane; Retained ten days before trial with a $10 million demand; Filed five motions in limine, retained and served five expert reports (lifecare, economics, vocational, life expectancy and liability) and joined subcontractor employer for contractual indemnity all within ten days; Case settled for $1.5 million — partially structured and less than half economic damages — after four days of trial. (Superior Court of NJ, Middlesex County)
- Represented local hotel owner/operator in wrongful death/survival action and traumatic brain injury premises liability action involving four-story fall through hallway window in Atlantic City, NJ hotel; Retained as lead counsel less than two months before initial trial date; Favorable settlement for client after approximately two weeks of trial. (Superior Court of NJ, Camden County)
- Represented and obtained favorable jury verdict for local commercial landowner/landlord in case involving fraud and breach of contract. (Superior Court of NJ, Camden County)
- Represented multi-state employer defending allegations of disability discrimination and wrongful termination; Favorable settlement for client on eve of trial. (Superior Court of NJ, Burlington County)
- Represented multi-national residential furniture retailer/manufacturer in product liability case which arose from death of three-year-old female; Retained as lead counsel after discovery; Favorable settlement at mediation for client.(Court of Common Pleas, Philadelphia County)
- Represented nationwide energy supplier in premises liability case in which a 30-year-old plaintiff medical student suffered debilitating spinal injuries; Retained as lead counsel after discovery and one month prior to trial; High-low agreement secured favorable settlement for the client after a four-week jury trial. (Court of Common Pleas, Philadelphia County)
- Represented board of education in a fatal bus accident case involving a two-year-old pedestrian girl; Retained as co-counsel at conclusion of discovery; Favorable settlement for client on eve of trial. (Superior Court of NJ, Middlesex County)
- Represented national employer defending allegations of gender discrimination, race discrimination and hostile work environment; Favorable settlement obtained during mediation. (Superior Court of NJ, Essex County)