Siobhan Cole represents individuals and commercial clients in a variety of complex areas arising from business disputes. She has handled matters involving defamation, product liability, employment, breach of fiduciary duty, trademark, and all manner of contract disputes. Siobhan has argued commercial matters in the state and federal courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, arbitrated cases in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and has been a member of multiple trial teams in both state and federal court in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware.
Siobhan also has extensive experience in the state and federal appellate courts, including the Appellate Division of the New York Supreme Court-First Department, the Superior Court of New Jersey Appellate Division, the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States. She has argued before a panel of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals on the constitutionality of a Certificate Order issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to the Transcontinental Gas Pipe Line Company.
Siobhan served as a mediator in the Philadelphia Court System and uses the creative persuasion and problem-solving skills she gained in that position to effectively negotiate with parties and counsel on behalf of clients. One of Siobhan’s particular strengths is her ability to recognize and understand not only the legal and factual issues of her cases, but also the personal and commercial motivations of her clients and opposing parties, which she uses consistently to resolve matters for her clients.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania School of Law, JD, 2008
The State University of New York College at Purchase, BA, summa cum laude, 2005
News & Insights
- Commercial Litigation Team Argues High-Profile FERC Pipeline Case Before En Banc D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals5.12.20
- Partner Siobhan Cole Argues in First-Ever Telephonic Hearing of the En Banc D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals5.12.20
- NKS Distributors, Inc., v. Christopher J. Tigani - Aided representation of large family-owned corporation through a complex and public struggle for control of the company, including a 15-day trial in the Delaware Court of Chancery
- In re Ultimate Escapes - Prevailed in defense of former President and CEO of Ultimate Escapes, Inc. against claims for breach of fiduciary duty and alleged damages in excess of $40 million including a lengthy trial and appeal process in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Hilltop Hollow Limited Partnership, et al., v. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the Transcontinental Gas Pipe Line Company - Represented Pennsylvania home owners against the improper taking of their property for private benefit, including evidentiary hearings in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, appeals to the Third Circuit and the D.C. Circuit, as well as the United States Supreme Court and oral argument before the D.C. Circuit
- Susquehanna Financial Group, LLLP v. Advanced Battery Technologies Inc. - Defended against a multi-million dollar damages claim for alleged breach of a right of first refusal in connection with a private-investment in public equity transaction