Meredith Bieber's practice focuses on the representation of clients in transactions involving real estate finance, including the origination and modification of commercial mortgage loans, syndicated mortgage loans, construction loans and loans involving layers of public financing and historic tax credit transactions. Her clients include national and regional banks, life insurance companies, and investment firms. Meredith assists clients in financing for many types of projects including multi-family and mixed use projects, office, warehouse and industrial buildings, retail developments, condominiums, ground leases and TIC financings, and car dealership loans.
Meredith brings from her past experience as a teacher the ability to break down complex legal issues for clients and offer multiple solutions tailored to each deal. She is known by her clients and colleagues for her responsiveness and attention to her clients’ needs.
Meredith also represents clients in real estate sales and acquisitions, commercial real estate leasing and receivables and inventory financing.
Meredith has lectured on commercial finance and real estate issues, including mechanics’ lien law, securitized real estate financing and due diligence in real estate transactions.
During law school, she was an associate editor for the University of Pennsylvania Law Review.
Bar and Court Admissions
University of Pennsylvania Law School, JD, cum laude, 2002
George Washington University, BA, magna cum laude, 1994
News & Insights
Urban Land Institute
- Represented a commercial bank in a $76 million financing for the development of a retail center that included a condominium structure, multiple layers of public financing and the negotiation of a complex multiparty agreement
- Represented a life insurance company in financing a $28.5 million corporate center
- Represents a national bank in the addition and deletion of collateral on a $75 million credit facility secured by office, industrial and warehouse facilities
- Represented a regional banking institution in a $40 million syndicated construction loan for a multi-family and mixed use project that included a condominium and ground lease structure
- Represented a life insurance company in a $56 million transaction financing the conversion of a Philadelphia office building into a residential and mixed use condominium
- Represented a commercial real estate finance firm in the origination of a $10 million mezzanine loan and $35 million senior mortgage loan in connection with the repositioning of three hotel properties
- Represented a national banking institution in a $25 million syndicated construction loan for the development of a hotel involving PIDC and additional public financing
- Represented a regional banking institution in an $18 million construction loan for the development of student housing
- Represented a national banking institution in an $11.5 million construction loan for the development of a retail shopping center, including the negotiation of a set aside agreement with a national tenant