David Edwards' diverse practice encompasses the areas of antitrust, appellate, business insurance, class actions, commercial litigation, healthcare, labor and employment, professional liability and securities law.
David’s litigation practice includes advising clients on issues arising from and handling – whether through negotiation, mediation, arbitration or litigation – discrimination claims; employment agreements, including covenants not to compete and general employment issues; contract disputes; complex insurance coverage, including construction defect, general liability, director's and officer's liability, professional liability, product liability, municipal liability and property damages; class actions claims; antitrust claims; securities law claims; product liability claims; False Claims Act issues; and other commercial work. He also defends legal and accounting professionals in malpractice claims.
His arbitration work has included matters resolved under the UNCITRAL, ICC and AAA rules and he has participated in other alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
David has taught classes for the American Institute for Paralegal Studies in Civil Procedure and Legal Research and Writing and provided in-house seminars for human resource professionals and other personnel of clients on a variety of employment issues. He has also published articles on various employment issues.
While in law school, David was a member of the Law Review and participated in the Concannon Program of International Law in London, England.
Bar and Court Admissions
University of Notre Dame Law School, JD, magna cum laude, 1987
LaSalle University, BA, magna cum laude, 1984
News & Insights
- 2.25.22 | The Employment Law Counselor
- 11.9.21 | The Employment Law Counselor
- 7.8.21 | The Employment Law Counselor
- 4.29.21 | The Employment Counselor
- 5.15.20 | Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Alert
- If You Build It, They Will Come...Claims That Is9.22.16 | White and Williams Coverage College
- 6.17.16 | Commercial Litigation Alert
- Obtained dismissal of False Claims Act claims against defense contractor in case involving allegations of fraud on the U.S. Army
- Defamation, breach of contract, tortious interference claims and product liability claims
- Employment contracts and actions, including discrimination claims, restrictive covenants, wrongful termination and wage cases
- Antitrust claims, including physician privileges cases, monopoly claims and price-fixing (Angelico v. Lehigh Valley Hosp.)
- Insurance coverage claims, including bad faith claims (Pizzini v. American Int’l Specialty Lines Ins. Co.)
- False Claims Act claims (Gibbons v. Kvaerner Philadelphia Shipyard, Inc.,)
- Argument before Superior Court on appeal of Insurance Coverage issue where judgment was entered on the pleadings – affirmed (Southcentral Employment Corp. v. Birmingham Fire Ins. Co. of Pa.)
- Defended legal malpractice claims