Chris Singewald has more than 25 years of experience as lead counsel defending national and international companies in environmental/toxic tort, product liability, professional malpractice, and business/corporate disputes. As a litigator and trial lawyer, Chris works with his clients to resolve lawsuits through aggressive litigation, mediation, negotiation, arbitration, and/or trial.
In his complex civil litigation practice, Chris has defended manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers of automobiles, airplanes, chemicals, drugs, household products, industrial equipment, forestry equipment, and medical devices. He has tried numerous cases to jury verdicts and argued appeals before the Delaware Supreme Court.
In addition to serving as trial counsel, Chris has served as national and regional coordinating counsel for companies engaged in mass tort litigation. Clients benefit not only from Chris's extensive knowledge of various medical and scientific disciplines, as well as corporate history, but also from his trial experience.
Recognition and Involvement
Recognition & Involvement
Chris is an AV Preeminent® rated attorney by the Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating system. He was named to the The Best Lawyers in America 2021 list in the practice area of Product Liability Litigation - Defendants.
Chris volunteers his time to various community organizations. He is past President of the Board of Directors for the DuPont Country Club and is past Vice-President of the Alapocas Maintenance Corporation.
Chris is married with two children. In the summertime, Chris enjoys playing golf, boating, and water skiing. Chris is also a certified scuba diver who enjoys wreck diving.
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
The John Marshall Law School, JD, 1994
University of Richmond, BA, 1991
News & Insights
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Strikes a Deathblow to Substantial Factor Causation in Most Cases; Is Asbestos Litigation Next?3.9.21 | Product Liability Alert
- 2.1.21 | Product Liability Alert
- 4.13.20 | Industry Today
- 4.3.20 | Commercial Litigation Alert
- White and Williams LLP Secures Affirmation of Denial to Change Trial Settings Based on Plaintiffs’ Failure to Meet the Texas Causation Standard for Asbestos Cases4.1.20 | Product Liability Alert
- US Supreme Court Denies Certiorari in Appeal by Gun Manufacturer, Remington, in Case Brought by Families of Sandy Hook Massacre Victims11.13.19 | Product Liability Alert
- Medicare Compliance in Asbestos Litigation7.17.19 | Perrin Conferences Mid-Atlantic Asbestos Litigation Conference (Wilmington, DE)
- 3.1.19 | Product Liability Alert
- 10.5.17 | Product Liability Alert
- The Importance of ADR6.15.17 | The Mid-Atlantic Asbestos Litigation Conference (Wilmington, DE)
- Current Trends and Legal Developments in Toxic Tort Cases9.22.16 | White and Williams Coverage College
- Delaware Strengthens Jurisdictional Defenses for Foreign Corporations Registered to Do Business in Delaware4.26.16 | Product Liability Alert
- Broader Perspectives: National, Trial Team, and In-House Views1.28.15 | Mid-Atlantic Asbestos Litigation Conference (Wilmington, DE)
Defense Counsel of Delaware
Defense Research Institute
Delaware State Bar Association
International Association of Defense Counsel
- Secured affirmation of summary judgment based on Ohio's Causation Standard for asbestos cases in favor of a major automotive manufacturer in a mesothelioma case
- Oversees and coordinates the defense of Fortune 500 companies in asbestos matters in Delaware, but also in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island
- Serves as national coordinating counsel for international corporation and advises on developing nationwide strategies in defense of asbestos lawsuits
- Lead trial counsel of mesothelioma lawsuit in West Virginia involving alleged secondary, household exposures
- Co-counsel in trial of mesothelioma lawsuit under New Jersey substantive law involving alleged bystander exposures
- Co-counsel in trial of mesothelioma lawsuit under Rhode Island substantive law involving career mechanic
- Defense verdict of automobile manufacturer in product liability brake failure/airbag deployment trial
- Defense verdict of mechanical contractor in product liability industrial pump/lid failure trial
- Defense verdict of hospital in medical negligence trial
- Successfully orchestrated consolidated motion practice to secure dismissal of over 35 asbestos lawsuits by one Superior Court ruling
- Successfully argued no duty to warn as to component part liability for parts manufactured by another manufacturer under Delaware law for automobile manufacturer
- Successfully argued choice of law motion for application of foreign jurisdiction's punitive damages substantive law based on location of the alleged wrongful corporate conduct in product liability, wrongful death case
- Successfully argued summary judgment for hospital on claim for loss of chance of survival