Brian Tetro is a partner in the Subrogation Department and practices exclusively in the area of insurance subrogation. He represents major property and casualty insurers on a regional and national basis. Brian’s practice extends throughout the United States, where he has litigated matters in 21 different jurisdictions as lead counsel, with assistance from local counsel.
Brian has extensive and successful trial experience in both state and federal courts across the country, taking cases to verdict in the District of Columbia, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee. He also is a frequent presenter at client seminars on various topics of interest, including how to successfully litigate careless smoking fires.
Brian presides as an arbitrator for the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Bar and Court Admissions
Villanova University School of Law, JD, 1998
James Madison University, BA, magna cum laude, 1995
News & Insights
- 11.16.20 | National Association of Subrogation Professionals Annual Conference
- 10.28.19 | National Association of Subrogation Professionals, Annual Conference (Washington, DC)
- 1.23.18 | Food and Beverage Alert
- Y’all Come Back Now, Ya Hear? How to Best Leverage Evidence of Product Recalls In Your Product Liability Claims11.7.17 | National Association of Subrogation Professionals, Annual Conference (Austin, TX)
- September 6-7, 2017 | Property & Liability Resource Bureau, Central Regional Adjusters Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- White and Williams Announces the Election of Five Lawyers to the Partnership and the Promotion of Five Associates to Counsel1.14.16
National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Obtained a $750,000 recovery in Ohio involving misuse of a heat torch on the roof of a university dormitory building
- Litigated $2.1 million subrogation water damage claim arising from pipe rupture in Virginia
- Litigated $1.5 million subrogation claim involving multiple catastrophic breakdowns of a gas generator in North Carolina
- Litigated $1.3 million subrogation claim arising from building fire in Connecticut
- Litigated $1.1 million subrogation claim arising from diesel generator fire in Pennsylvania
- Litigated $600,000 subrogation claim arising from house fire caused by improper installation of corrugated stainless steel tubing
- Successfully argued before the Appellate Division of the New Jersey Superior Court to uphold a property damage arbitration award ; Merchants Insurance Group v. AAA Mid-Atlantic Insurance Company
- Defeated motion for summary judgment in products liability claim involving a defective heating pad; Moores v. Sunbeam Products, Inc.
- Multimillion-Dollar Settlement Reached Against Designer and Installer of Sprinkler System
- Seven-Figure Settlement Reached Against Spice Ingredient Supplier
- Settlement Reached Against Seasoning Packet Supplier
- Subrogation Department Settles Listeria Contamination Recall Matter
- $600,000 Jury Verdict Obtained in Federal Court in Boston
- $300,000 Jury Verdict Obtained in Philadelphia City Hall