Our Trial Group is a connected network of seasoned trial lawyers who have a record of achievement in trying and winning complex catastrophic loss and “bet-the-company” cases before juries, judges and arbitrators. The group employs an interdisciplinary approach that draws upon industry-specific groups and outside professionals to achieve successful outcomes by deeply analyzing complex legal and factual issues, developing expert witness evidence, and making the complex simple to deliver effective themes and arguments that resonate with the jury or ultimate fact-finder.
The group has earned the trust of clients through not only its accomplishments but also in understanding that successful outcomes require that trial preparation begins at the outset of a dispute in order to better leverage all available defenses and claims. This trial-ready mentality best positions the firm’s clients for successful outcomes in and out of the courtroom.
With more than 50 lawyers at the ready, our trial team can staff multiple complex trials at any given time and has been retained at multiple points along the life cycle of a case. The group's deep experience and broad industry knowledge allows us to understand nuance and craft industry-specific strategy. We have a thorough understanding of jurisdictional issues and how they can impact outcome.
- Obtained unanimous defense jury verdict on behalf of a regional material handling service and supply company after a six-week trial involving wrongful death and survival claims; plaintiff alleged damages arising from negligent maintenance of a pallet truck involved in a warehouse accident; retained as lead counsel shortly before initial trial date with a demand at $15 million
- Represented local hotel owner/operator in wrongful death/survival action and traumatic brain injury premises liability action involving four-story fall through hallway window; retained as lead counsel less than two months before initial trial date; favorable settlement for client after approximately two weeks of trial
- Represented nationwide energy supplier in premises liability case in which suffered debilitating spinal injuries; retained as lead counsel after discovery and one month prior to trial; high-low agreement secured favorable settlement for the client after a four-week jury trial
- Prosecuted an entrepreneur’s breach of contract claims against a large corporation, resulting in a $1.9 million verdict
- Obtained a $2.56 million compensatory and punitive damages award after a two-week jury trial on behalf of a Philadelphia-based food manufacturer in a case involving claims for false advertising and unfair competition
- Obtained a complete defense verdict in a case involving allegations of breach of contract and fraud against a construction company
- Represented an emergency room physician in a case in involving an alleged failure to diagnose bacterial meningitis; obtained defense verdict after seven days of trial
- Obtained a trial verdict in a breach of contract claim brought by a physician against a large healthcare network
- Following 25-day jury trial, obtained dismissal of all claims against defendants in shareholder dispute and affirmance of dismissal on appeal; thereafter tried counterclaims to a jury