White and Williams Hosts Supervision to Aid Reentry Program
White and Williams hosted a panel discussion on the Supervision to Aid Reentry (STAR) in its Philadelphia office. Sponsored by the American Constitution Society Philadelphia Lawyer Chapter, Barristers' Association of Philadelphia and Hispanic Bar Association of Pennsylvania, "A Model Program for Prisoner Reentry" discussed a novel court program designed to help incarcerated individuals reenter society and its implications for broader criminal justice movement.
STAR was established in 2007 as an innovative strategy to combat violent crime and reduce recidivism.
- Eddie Cardona | Reentry Court Graduate
- Jana Law | Deputy Chief Probation Officer, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Rob Reed | Executive Deputy Attorney General, Office of Public Engagement, Office of the Pennsylvania Attorney General
- Jacqueline Romero | Assistant U.S. Attorney, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Ross Thompson | Assistant Federal Public Defender, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- The Honorable Luis Felipe Restrepo (moderator) | Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
If you would like to receive additional news alerts, event notifications, or correspondences pertaining to this and other industry-specific topics, please sign up by visiting the Subscribe page. Be sure to provide your contact information, including email address, and select the areas of practice or industries for which you would like to receive information.
This correspondence should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on any specific facts or circumstances. The contents are intended for general informational purposes only and you are urged to consult a lawyer concerning your own situation with any specific legal question you may have.