The 3 R's of Mezzanine and Subordinate Financing: Risks, Rewards and Remedies
Tim Davis, Partner and Co-Chair of the Real Estate and Finance Groups, participates on a panel covering current issues and trends in the use of mezzanine financing, preferred equity and A/B notes, including a discussion on perfecting the security interest in pledged equity and related title insurance issues. The panel will also examine drafting problems and recent litigation affecting intercreditor rights. The exercise of remedies under a mezzanine loan default, including the pledge of equity as additional collateral for a mortgage loan, will also be addressed.
- Jenna Vick Unell, C-III Asset Management LLC (Moderator)
- Timothy E. Davis, White and Williams LLP
- Meagan E. Leary, Duane Morris LLP
- Dawn M. Lewallen, First American Title
- Simon A. Reeve, Nationwide Insurance