Policy, Deals and Disclosure: A Lawyer's Role in Managing Security and Data
Alexandria Kane, Partner in the Corporate and Securities Group, and Jay Shapiro, Co-Chair of the Cyber Law and Data, participate in a panel discussion regarding data security in M&A and other strategic transactions.
- Lines of responsibilities for data protection
- Policies and certifications
- Covered personnel and data integrity
- Negotiating cyber privacy responsibility with vendors and who bears the cost
- Requirements of the SEC Interpretive Guidance on Cyber and Data Protection
- Compliance beyond the US
- Ethical issues
- Alexandria E. Kane | Partner, White and Williams LLP
- Lan P.W. Konevsky | SVP, Strategic Initiatives, Mastercard
- Gail D. Makode | SVP and General Counsel, IES Holdings, Inc.
- Alex N.M. Niejelow | SVP, Cybersecurity Coordination & Advocacy, Mastercard
- Jay Shapiro | Partner, White and Williams LLP