Mediation & Insurance: How Mediation is Used by Insurance Professionals and Counsel to Resolve Insurance-Related Disputes
The insurance industry plays a major role in the resolution of a vast number of civil and commercial disputes. Whether in the context of insured-insurer disputes or third-party claims, insurance companies and lawyers working with them are often involved in the resolution of disputes through mediation, and their perspectives contribute to the continuing development of the ADR field.
John McCarrick, Chair of the Directors & Officers Group, joins a panel that will discuss the use of mediation in insurance-related disputes from the perspectives of insurance professionals and attorneys representing insureds and insurance companies in mediation. Each panelist will discuss specific aspects of their involvement in, and use of, the mediation process, including how, when and why they recur to mediation to resolve insurance-related disputes. The discussion will provide insights from the perspectives of a diverse panel of experienced professionals, who routinely use mediation to resolve disputes involving insurance aspects. The discussion will benefit a broad audience including ADR professionals and users of mediation services.
- Peter Halprin | Attorney, Anderson Kill PC
- Laurie Mandell | Claims Manager, Employment Practice Liability Claims, Chubb Insurance
- John McCarrick | Chair, D&O Group, White and Williams LLP
- Cristina Yannucci | Partner, Lewis Brisbois LLP and Vice-chair, Legal Malpractice Defense Practice
- Giulio Zanolla | Principal, ZanollaMediation; Counsel, Thompson Bukher LLP