MEDx Talks 2019
White and Williams presents MEDx Talks, a series of high-level presentations on cutting-edge topics impacting the healthcare industry. Designed to provide insights into some of today’s biggest issues and innovations, MEDx Talks will present thought-provoking presentations in a half-day program. Whether you are a risk manager, in-house counsel, C-Suite executive or other administrator, medical professional, investor or someone who wants to stay in the know, you don’t want to miss this program!
These are just a few of the talks planned:
- New Jersey Health Commissioner, Shereef Elnahal, M.D., will discuss uses for medical marijuana and New Jersey's push to make medical marijuana more accessible to patients who could benefit from it.
- Dr. Dorin Comaniciu, Senior Vice President of Artificial Intelligence and Digital Innovation at Siemens Healthineers, will discuss the "Digital Twin" and the use of Artificial Intelligence to virtually test and optimize medical treatments prior to the actual treatment delivery.
- Dr. John McIlwaine, Director of Telehealth and E-ICO for Geisinger Health System, will discuss the evolving role of telemedicine, specifically Electronic Intensive Care Units (E-ICU) in hospital medicine.
- Rebecca Bryan, D.N.P, founder of UrbanPromise Wellness Center in Camden, NJ, will discuss the science of childhood trauma and its impact on adult morbidity.
- Matthew Finnegan, M.D., Chief of the Division of General Surgery, Lourdes Health System, will discuss the shortage of traditional general surgeons due to the preference of medical students and professionals to specialize.
- Anthony Rostain, M.D., M.A., Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, will discuss what science has discovered about ADHD, its impact on executive functioning and strategies to help people with ADHD improve their task performance.
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Breakfast and lunch to be served.
World Cafe Live | 3025 Walnut Street | Philadelphia, PA 19104
Save the date! Agenda and registration available soon.