Interacting With the Federal Courts During the COVID-19 Crisis
Partner Nancy Conrad will moderate a panel with the Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (EDPA), federal court judges and the clerk of court as they provide updated information regarding federal practice and procedure during the pandemic, with a focus on civil cases and tips for court interaction for the months ahead.
This program will address the following topics:
- COVID-19 related Orders and Directives issued by the EDPA and the U.S. Administrative Office of the Courts;
- operations in the Allentown, Easton and Reading federal courthouses;
- plans for hearings and trials over the next months – civil and criminal;
- guidance on Rule 16 conferences, settlement conferences and mediations;
- guidance on injunction and emergency relief proceedings; and
- procedures in the Clerk’s Office during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
- The Honorable Juan R. Sánchez, Chief Judge, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania;
- The Honorable Mark A. Kearney, Judge, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania; and
- Kate Barkman, Esquire, Clerk of Court, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. While there is no cost for registration or attendance, there is a $25 tuition fee for CLE credit (1 hour substantive).