In-House Counsel's Guide to Patents
Frank Bruno, Co-Chair of the Intellectual Property Group, provides an overview of U.S. patent law, focusing on aspects of a patent’s life cycle from invention to licensing and litigation. The session also features a discussion of U.S. and foreign patenting issues, along with a discussion of recent significant court cases.
- Identify inventions and determine their eligibility and patentability
- Examine the life cycle of a patent
- Understand the USPTO patent prosecution process and examine significant international patent issues
- Explore patent assertion and licensing techniques and responses
- Summarize an overview of patent litigation and discuss recent relevant court cases