Ethical Issues Facing In-House Counsel Today: Data Breaches, Confidentiality and Compliance
Jay Shapiro, co-chair of the Cyber Law and Data Protection Group, speaks at the 8th Annual Westchester/Fairfield Chapter Ethics Seminar on cybersecurity issues facing in-house counsel.
Topics discussed include:
- Ethical obligation to maintain the attorney-client and work product privileges during the investigation of a data breach
- Upjohn and ethical considerations during the investigation
- Ethical obligation to preserve evidence of the data breach
- Statutory obligation for notifying consumers of the breach
- Continuity of business during breach crisis