White and Williams is well-positioned to handle matters across the entire labor-management relations spectrum. Our Labor and Management Relations team has decades of experience addressing union avoidance and election matters. It also handles numerous matters before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) relating to emergency injunctions; strikes and other work interruptions and representing management in day-to-day negotiations, grievances, arbitrations and unfair labor practices.
In negotiations, grievances and arbitrations our team has handled numerous bargaining, contract interpretation and discipline issues with the United Food and Commercial Workers, Teamsters, and AFCSME, among others. We also have regularly provided advice and counseling to nonunion employers seeking to avoid unionization.
- Representing national restaurant franchisee against unfair labor practice claim involving joint employment issues
- Counsel and assist nonunion employer that acquired a unionized facility with labor obligations under federal labor law, and negotiation of initial collective bargaining agreement
- Counseled a nationwide food service company concerning withdrawal liability issues
- Assisted a large food services company in its efforts to comply with NLRB investigation, defended against charges of unfair labor practices and anti-union animus
- Currently assisting employers in their efforts to counter union organizing activity, in part through positive employee relations, supervisor training, union vulnerability assessments and other strategies
- Successfully handled election and decertification campaigns for a wide variety of clients
- Counseled buyers of assets concerning withdrawal liability issues
- Handled issues relating to secondary boycott issues with the NLRB
- Represented numerous employers with respect to elections before the NLRB