The Probate Process from Start to Finish
Bill Hussey, Chair of the Tax and Estates Group, and Kevin Koscil, an associate in the group, present at the National Business Institute's program, "The Probate Process From Start to Finish." The pair discuss three topics in part of the full-day program.
"Managing the Inventory"
- Statutory Requirements and How They Affect Your Case
- Notice to Creditors, Beneficiaries and State Agencies - What is Required
- Collecting, Maintaining and Managing Assets
- Inventory Problems
"Maintaining An Ethical Balance In Probate Practice"
- Performing Competent Legal Services
- Identifying the Client
- Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
- Distinguishing Between Privileged and Non-Privileged Communication
- Establishing Reasonable Attorneys' Fees
"Putting the Case to Rest: Closing the Estate"
- Final Accounting
- Distribution of Estate to Beneficiaries
- Discharge of Fiduciary
- Tax Returns - What Needs to be Filed and When