The Impact of Cannabis on the Construction Industry
In 2016, Pennsylvania legalized cannabis for medicinal use, and in early 2019, Pennsylvania Lt. Governor John Fetterman embarked on a statewide tour to gather public input on the idea of legalizing its recreational use. As these changes occur, companies are faced with real concerns surrounding employee safety, identifying impairments and the subsequent legal ramifications. Labor and Employment Counsel Jeff Stewart will help provide guidance in these areas by touching on the following:
- Where does legal marijuana intersect with illegal marijuana and how are you supposed to draw the line?
- How does legal marijuana in neighboring states affect Pennsylvania employers?
- Is recreational marijuana legalization on the horizon in Pennsylvania?
- If someone is approved for medical marijuana are they automatically considered “disabled” under the ADA? How do I treat that?
- Considering CDL drivers are not permitted to use medical marijuana, how do we administer different rules for