The Changing Legal Structures in Mezzanine Financing
Real Estate Mezzanine Financing Summit (New York, NY) | May 8, 2014
Tim Davis moderates the panel discussion, "The Changing Legal Structures in Mezzanine Financing" at the 5th Real Estate Mezzanine Financing Summit. Discussion points include:
- Comparison on how drivers have changed between 2007 and today
- Increasing competition in the environment and lowering of perceived risk
- Senior lender and the mezzanine lender: varying perspectives in the rating agencies
- Differences between securitized loans and loans on balance sheets – is leverage creeping back into deals?
- Trends on increased loan activity: where is it taking place?
- Percentage of deals using subordinate debt today, and expectations for an increase: how does this impact leverage?
- Multi-tier and multi-lender structure rivaling many of the other deal structures
- Disastrous effects documentation issues have on closing a mezzanine deal: perfection, priority, and lost certificates
- Steadily increasing opportunity set around the country
Additional information is available at www.iglobalforum.com.