Risk Transfer for Construction Defect Claims: Minimizing and Allocating Costs of Defense and Indemnity
This session will discuss what steps a claims resolution professional, defense, and coverage counsel should take and how they may work together, to identify risk transfer possibilities and make contractual and additional insured tenders. We also will examine what carriers can and should do in responding to such tenders made to their insureds or to them by putative additional insureds. Finally, we will explore how litigation costs can be contained/minimized through early risk transfer investigations, analysis, and possible mediation — to allocate defense and indemnity amounts among the various involved contractors, subcontractors, and insurers.
- Angela Clemente, Allianz Resolution Management
- Barbara Laskaris-Lorigan, Arch Insurance Group Inc.
- Anthony Miscioscia, White and Williams
- Cynthia Ruggerio, Ameritrust
- Keith Whitson, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis