Real Estate Mezzanine Financing & Subordinated Debt
Tim Davis, partner in the Real Estate and Finance Groups, moderates the panel "Is this the new normal? Assessing the State of the CRE Finance Market", at the IMN Borrower & Investor Forum on Real Estate Mezzanine Financing & Subordinated Debt on November 10, 2014. White and Williams is a returning sponsor of the event.
The two-day conference brings property owners, developers and the lending community together to discuss strategies for sourcing and arranging financing from both perspectives. It also address the latest investment strategies for real estate mezzanine/sub-debt finance investors.
Tim's program will address questions, such as:
- Where are volumes of new originations and refinancings for senior and sub-debt vs. this time last year? Pricing levels? Equity to debt ratios?
- Are we in a low growth mode like Japan?
- Market fundamentals: Where are they and what does this mean for CRE finance? For deal flow? Is this the new normal?
- Hedge funds are back providing mezzanine finance: Do new entrants have the liquidity to satisfy senior debt?
- What is the cost of capital for borrowers for refinancings today? For new acquisitions? What deals are getting done?
- Valuations: are bubbles forming? NYC condo market? Houston Multi-Family market? Where to avoid?
- What innings is Europe in from the investor standpoint? Do opportunities remain?
- Geopolitical risk: Is the real estate market seeing pullback from foreign investors? If so, what asset classes/regions are being impacted? Residential?
- 2015-2017 loan maturities: How real is this opportunity? Who will be best positioned to take advantage?
- What’s happening in the securitization markets?
- The reemergence of CDOs – is the market ready? What are the potential ramifications on the markets? Have debt funds run their course?
- 2015 market outlook
Additional information is available here.