NY Department of Financial Services Tightens Cyber Breach Rules
The Path to Compliance
On March 1, 2017 regulation NYCRR 500, a tough new cyber breach regulation from the New York Department of Financial Services (DFS), went into effect for firms doing business in the state and it places responsibility for compliance directly in the C-suite. From written plans to rapid notification of breach incidents, the new rules are detailed and demanding. Affected companies have 180 days to comply. The clock is ticking – is your organization ready?
At this exclusive event hosted by Risk Strategies Company, T&M Protection Resources, White and Williams, and Chubb, you’ll learn what’s changed, what it means for your organization and the surest path to compliance.
The discussion will cover:
- Why the New York DFS enacted the Cyber Securities Guidelines
- Who is considered a covered entity under the regulation
- What is required of covered entities
- What is the path to compliance
- Current cyber threat trends
- How insurance can help respond to an incident or regulatory inquiry
- Rick Borden | Partner and Chief Privacy Officer, White and Williams LLP
- Pete Castillo | Vice President, Financial Lines, Chubb
- Robert Rosenzweig (Moderator) | National Cyber Risk Practice Leader, Risk Strategies Company
- Damian Schwartz | Director, Technology Risk, T&M Protection Resources
Tuesday, July 18, 2017 | 8:00 AM - 10:30 AM
White and Williams LLP
7 Times Square, Suite 2900 (Broadway between 41st and 42nd Streets) | New York, NY 10036
There is no cost to attend, but space is limited. Register today!