Mini Law School for HR Professionals: A Comprehensive Primer on Labor and Employment Law
As employment-related litigation rates continue to rise, employers must look for ways to proactively protect themselves in a legal manner. Human resource compliance can be one of the most costly and time-consuming aspects for a business; can you streamline the process and prevent unnecessary risk? This program will get you up to speed so you can return to work confident in your abilities. Know the fundamentals of human resources: from hiring to firing and everything in-between.
Labor and Employment Counsel John Baker will present on the "National Labor Relations Board - Obligations and Compliance" panel:
August 14, 2019 | 3:50 PM - 4:30 PM
- Current Challenges in NLRB Policies
- Petition Process
- Complaint and Hearing
- Controlling Back Pay
- Avoiding a Bargaining Order After Winning an Election
- Rules on Secondary Boycotts
- Working Around the Problems in Project Only Agreements
- Handling Concerted Activity in Non-Union Environments
CLE credits will be offered for NJ, NY and PA. To learn more and to register, please visit the NBI event website.