Managing Cybersecurity in the Healthcare Industry: Best Practices Every Healthcare Organization Needs to Know
Cyber attacks have expanded their reach beyond financial institutions, retail companies and banks to the healthcare industry. Cyber criminals are targeting medical records, which contain sensitive and valuable information that may be used for identity theft and fraud and many healthcare organizations do not have the necessary visibility and controls in place to ensure the protection of information.
In order to minimize cyber risk and avoid future threats, healthcare organizations must adopt an intelligence-driven approach that helps establish and maintain an effective and efficient security program.
Dan Ferhat, Partner in the Healthcare and Cyber Law and Data Protection Groups, joins a panel of thought leaders and professionals discussing the important issues with regards to maintaining effective and efficient cybersecurity management in the healthcare industry.
Key topics include:
- An Overview of Cybersecurity in Healthcare
- Risk Assessment and Identification
- Fundamentals of Cybersecurity and Privacy
- The Implications for Healthcare Providers
- Common Pitfalls and Threats in Healthcare Security
- How to Employ an Intelligence-Driven Defense
- Healthcare Industry Plan Development