Life Insurers' and Lenders' Forum on Real Estate Subordinated Debt Origination & Investment
IMN Real Estate Subordinated Debt & Origination & Investment Forum (New York, NY) | November 29, 2011
Tim Davis moderates the "Life Insurance Company Executive Perspective" panel at the IMN Real Estate subordinated Debt Origination & Investment Forum.
Discussion points include:
- How big a role does commercial mortgage lending play in your investment portfolio? Do you offer sub-debt?
- Recaps vs. new origination
- Do you expect to increase or decrease real estate investment in 2012?
- What are your underwriting standards? More or less complex than in the peak years of 2006-2007?
- What will you underwrite? Under what terms? What asset classes/geographic regions do you favor? What won’t you touch? How do you view financing structures with mezzanine or preferred equity layers?
- What percentage of your portfolio are ‘troubled’ mortgages?
- Have you sold/do you plan to sell off any loans?
- What are your predictions for the real estate capital markets and investment opportunities for the next 12 months?