Legal Insights on Capital Raising
Ryan Udell, Co-Chair of the Corporate and Securities Group, will participate in the 20th Annual Angel Venture Fair Education Day. The event features presentations by entrepreneurs with feedback from investors, a panel of attorneys providing advice to prepare for raising capital, and a panel of investors discussing what they look for when making an investment.
Topics covered in the discussion, "Legal Insights on Capital Raising" include:
- When raising capital what type of documents do you need? Are there any forms that the government requires?
- Are there any rules regarding who you can solicit for funding?
- If an entrepreneur wanted to use both crowd funding and speaking at Angel Investor conferences what are the legal issues?
- If you think you have a patentable idea should you apply for a patent first then go to raise money, try to raise money first, or do both at the same time?
- Jeff Bodle, Partner, Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Jay Halt, President, Volpe and Koenig, P.C.
- Tim Levy, Council, Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld LLC
- Ryan Udell, Partner, White and Williams LLP