Legal Insights on Capital Raising
Ryan Udell, Chair of the Corporate and Securities Group, will participate in the 21st Annual Angel Venture Fair Education Day. The event features presentations by entrepreneurs with feedback from investors, a panel of attorneys providing advice to prepare for raising capital and a panel of investors discussing what they look for when making an investment.
Topics covered in the discussion, "Legal Insights on Capital Raising," include:
- When raising capital what type of documents do you need? Are there any forms that the government requires?
- Are there any rules regarding who you can solicit for funding?
- If an entrepreneur wanted to use both crowd funding and speaking at Angel Investor conferences what are the legal issues?
- If you think you have a patentable idea should you apply for a patent first then go to raise money, try to raise money first, or do both at the same time?
- Ryan Udell, Partner, White and Williams LLP
- Pat Bianchi, Partner, Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Brian P. Slough, Senior Associate, Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Alyssa Brodzinski, Partner, Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld LLC
- Liz Sigety, Partner, Fox Rothschild LLP
To register for free, please use discount code AVFFREE.