Getting Started in Privacy
George Washington University (Washington, DC) | October 4, 2017
Laura Schmidt, Associate in the Cyber Law and Data Protection Group, joins a panel of industry professionals to discuss getting started in the practice of privacy, data protection and security. Areas of discussion include:
- Role of Privacy Lawyers as In-House and Outside Counsel
- Favorite Things About Being a Privacy Lawyer
- Steps to Take to Prepare to be a Privacy Lawyer
- Debra Bromson | Assistant General Counsel, AAA Club Alliance Inc.
- Margaret Gloecke | VP, Privacy & Compliance Counsel, A + E Networks
- Ashley Slavik | Senior Counsel and Data Protection Officer, Veeva Systems Inc.
- Laura Schmidt | Associate, White and Williams LLP
- Howard Reissner (Moderator) | Chief Executive Officer, Planet Data