Drafting Effective Wills and Trusts
Bill Hussey, Chair of the Tax and Estates Group, presents at the National Business Institute's program, "Drafting Effective Wills and Trusts." This full-day program covers the fundamentals of preparing estate-planning documents.
Bill's first discussion, "Fundamental Principles of Will Drafting," addresses:
- Selecting the Vehicle - Initial Advice to the Client
- Checklist for Gathering Client Information
- The Statutory ABCs: What is Required?
- Methods of Designating Fiduciaries
- Disinheritance and No Contest Clauses - Will They Stand?
- Protective Clauses for Minors, Incompetent Persons and Beneficiaries With Special Needs
- Building Flexibility Into the Plan - Checklist of Special Provisions
- Practical Pointers With Sample Forms
- Developing a Document Preparation System
"Using Living Trusts and Power of Attorney As Estate Planning Tools" covers:
- Common Elements in Trust Agreements
- The Revocable Living Trust - Why You Should Use It
- Disadvantages of Revocable Living Trusts
- Sample Pour-Over Will and Living Trust Agreements
- Durable Powers of Attorney