Addressing Challenges and Creating Value in a Changing Environment: Technology and Operational Matters
Roundtable 1 of 3
White and Williams LLP is a sponsor of Addressing Challenges and Creating Value in a Changing Environment, a series of roundtable discussions presented by The MIT Enterprise Forum of NYC to help venture capital and private equity CFOs create value within their organizations. Lori Smith, partner in the Private Equity and Venture Capital Group, is a long-time board member of the Forum and a program organizer.
Venture capital and private equity, as with other investment classes, are undergoing major changes. Deal values remain at subdued levels, a challenging fundraising market continues, pressure on earnings at the operating company level, more overall regulations, transactions are being structured with more equity, transparency and operations are achieving a similar priority as investment performance.
This event is different from the usual MIT Enterprise Forum event. It is specifically targeted to the Venture Capital and Private Equity CFO and is limited to 20 CFOs either within the investment fund or portfolio company.
These events are occurring on the following dates:
Roundtable 1 will feature a group of operation, technology and financial executives that will discuss:
- Why fund and portfolio company technology today is different from yesterday and how it can be utilized as an operational advantage
- How metrics play a key role in informing product decisions, are a major component of regular investor and board-level reporting and are an important input to the user experience of the product itself
- Why written policies and procedures, checklists, documentation and sign-off of transactions are important for the fund’s interaction with regulators and auditors
- How the arrival of new reporting and compliance requirements are being addressed through operational and technology initiatives
- Effectively managing frequent due diligence operational inquiries from investors through operations and technology
- How people, processes and technology interact with each other
Nicholas Schiavo, CPA, MBA, Accounting Director, AltResources
Alex Katz, Partner and CFO, ff Venture Capital
Aron Grossman, CFO and VP of Corporate Development, Voxy
Reinaldo (Rey) Acosta, Founder and Managing Partner, Vertice Technologies, LLC
5:30pm - 6:00pm: Reception
6:00pm - 7:30pm: Panel Discussion
7:30pm - 8:30pm: Networking
529 Fifth Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Free: VC and PE CFO's who are MIT Enterprise Forum Members
$10: non-member VC and PE CFO's
Click here for additional details and registration information.