Putting in Place Document Retention Programs
The success or failure of a business is directly linked to the employees, and it's crucial that human resource personnel legally manage labor and employment policies, documents and employee procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state laws. The regulatory landscape of employment law is constantly evolving. Scott Casher joins a panel of speakers to discuss the current landscape of employment law presenting, specifically, on document retention programs.
Scott's program will address the following topics.
- Legally Required Retention Periods
- Records Inventory and Appraisal
- Determining a Manageable Retention Schedule
- Electronic Records Management Issues: Privacy, Security, Backups and the Challenges in Addressing New Technologies
- Being Prepared to Efficiently Respond to Document Requests
- Best Practices for Creating Records Destruction Policies and Procedures