Our lawyers represent national, regional, and local carriers in business, regulatory, personal injury, and property damage litigation in state and federal courts throughout the Northeast.
In personal injury and property damage litigation, our team of lawyers and trucking specialists aggressively respond to significant accidents, insuring prompt investigation, preserving and creating key documentary evidence (logs, load records, driver inspection reports and accident scene photographs) and interviewing important witnesses. This proactive, trial-tested strategy sets the stage for a favorable outcome. Our team has tried numerous catastrophic injury and death cases for transportation companies and insurers throughout the Northeast.
We have extensive experience with issues involving Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance, driver qualifications, placard liability, insurance coverage (including MCS-90 endorsements), driver fatigue and cost/recovery of lost freight. We frequently counsel trucking companies and insurers on these types of issues. We have strategic alliances with experts in all aspects of trucking litigation.
In regulatory matters, our attorneys work tirelessly to protect the interests of our carrier clients, challenging onerous regulations and the often misguided enforcement of those regulations. We have prosecuted litigation against state regulatory bodies.
- Represented nation's largest, farmer-owned agricultural supply cooperative in high-profile propane tanker truck accident resulting in the deaths of one adult and two minors. Settled at mediation; Superior Court of Delaware, Kent County
- Represented nationwide trucking company in a fatal accident involving a physician. Retained by excess carrier as co-counsel near the conclusion of discovery. Settled for $1.75 million, below the excess carrier's layer of coverage; Superior Court of N.J., Essex County
- Represented international shipping company in commercial motor vehicle accident case which rendered 40-year-old father catastrophically brain-injured; retained as lead counsel after discovery. Settled on eve of trial for approximately $10.6 million; Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas, Philadelphia County
- Represented local construction company in a motor vehicle accident case in which plaintiff was wheelchair bound; retained as lead counsel five days before trial commenced; case settled for $2.9 million after three days of jury selection; eve of trial demand was $4.9 million; Superior Court of N.J., Bergen County
- Represented school board of education in fatal bus accident case involving a two-year-old pedestrian girl; retained as co-counsel at conclusion of discovery; settled on eve of trial for $2.65 million; Superior Court of N.J., Middlesex County
- Represented regional trucking company in death and brain injury case involving DOT compliance and driver qualification issues; Maryland Circuit Court, Howard County
- Represented commercial trucking accident in which tanker truck caused several million in property damage to Interstate 95; Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas, Delaware County
- Represented regional trucking company in a case in which the plaintiff college student lost his leg due to a head-on accident with client’s tractor trailer; retained after discovery. Pre-trial settlement of $2.9 million; Superior Court of Delaware, Kent County
- Represented regional trucking company in trucking accident case in which plaintiff sustained bilateral amputation of her legs; Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas, Philadelphia County
- Represented regional trucking company in wrongful death case involving placard liability; Superior Court of N.J., Mercer County
- Recently, on behalf of one of our carrier’s clients, our attorneys successfully had a state’s environmental regulations, that unfairly increased trucking costs for years, declared unconstitutional, resulting in millions of dollars in savings for the trucking industry
- September 22, 2016
- October 8, 2015