- September 15, 2021House Rules
Cases & Deals
We represent casino, gaming and e-sports companies in the full spectrum of their operations, from corporate transactions and real estate finance to license procurement and regulatory advice.
Casinos and Gaming
Our lawyers represent casino and gaming clients in strategic transactions including mergers and acquisitions, sales, partnerships, joint ventures and restructurings. We understand and are well-versed in the unique aspects of these transactions and are experienced in technology transfer. Our group has particular experience handling the purchase and sale of “skin” licenses on behalf of casino operators and their online betting arms, including navigating the associated trademark issues.
We monitor the state-by-state regulatory landscape governing retail and online sport betting, casino gaming, i-gaming and daily fantasy sports contests. We work with our supplier and vendor clients to ensure compliance and acquisition of appropriate licenses, and have successfully procured licenses and registrations for sports wagering, i-gaming and daily fantasy sports contests.
Video Games and E-Sports
We have deep understanding of the video game and e-sports market and closely monitor trends in this environment. Our lawyers represent developers in obtaining patents, licenses and other intellectual property protections. Through such representation, we have become familiar with the intricacies of related technology and technology transfers.
Beyond developers, our clients in this space include video game and e-sport coaches, professionals and youth training companies. We have negotiated deals and partnerships between such entities and help facilitate relationships beneficial to our clients’ businesses and the industry at large. As state-by-state regulations evolve, we advise our clients on compliance issues and general business strategy.
- September 15, 2021House Rules
- Connecticut Enacts Emergency Sports Betting and iGaming Regulations, Awaits Federal Approval of Amended State-Tribal Gaming CompactsSeptember 2, 2021House Rules
- August 24, 2021House Rules
- US Department of Interior’s Decision on Florida Sports Betting Compact Likely to Inspire Future Gaming Expansion If It Survives Pending Legal ChallengeAugust 23, 2021House Rules
- August 19, 2021
- Florida State-Tribal Gaming Compact Receives Tacit Approval from US Department of Interior, Moving State Closer to Sports Betting LaunchAugust 11, 2021House Rules
- August 6, 2021House Rules
- July 29, 2021House Rules
- July 26, 2021House Rules
- July 22, 2021Gaming Alert
- July 1, 2021Gaming Alert
- June 11, 2021Gaming Alert
- Florida-Seminole Sports Betting Gaming Compact Passes Legislature, but Court Challenges Are ExpectedJune 10, 2021Gaming Alert
- Connecticut Legislature Passes Bill Legalizing Retail and Online Sports Betting, Online Casino Gaming, and DFSMay 27, 2021Technology Industry Alert
- May 14, 2021Technology Industry Alert
- Florida Reaches Deal on 30-Year Gaming Compact Authorizing Retail and Mobile Sports Betting Under Exclusive Control of Seminole Indian TribeApril 27, 2021Technology Industry Alert
- April 20, 2021Technology Industry Alert
- April 16, 2021Technology Industry Alert
- April 15, 2021Technology Industry Alert